Friday, September 13, 2013

Blemishes

Wow…It has been a long time since I visited my blog page!  It was a busy summer.  We traveled 5 weekends…three to the lake, once to the beach, and once to Longview for a family reunion.  In addition, I even snuck in a shopping trip to Houston with my Mom and Sister.  On top of that traveling, this was the “sickest” summer I have ever heard of.   We had colds, roseola, strep, and sinus infections run rampant through our house. (Plus a whole LOT of teething!!!)   If we weren’t traveling, someone was sick.  Still, we fit in a lot of fun, and I am so thankful and blessed by the time I got to spend with all of my family over the summer!


So, now that we are back into the school routine, I am tackling projects on the house…cleaning out, organizing, decorating, etc., etc., etc.  (I am very aware the list will never end!)  =)  Today, I decided to touch up the paint in our upstairs rooms.  Over the summer, we moved Shane into his new suite room upstairs.  Chase moved into Hunter’s nursery, and Hunter moved into Shane’s old room.  It feels so good to have everyone moved into their new rooms, because this OCD Mama couldn’t stand the “stuff” being all over the place!  We had a media room added on upstairs right at the time Chase arrived, and I just now have it pretty much together.  All that being said, the media room had some scratches on the new paint from moving in furniture and hanging things on the walls.  AND, a child that I won’t call out by name picked some chunks of paint off the wall in his new room one night (ever read “Unglued”!).  =)  As a result, this morning I found touching up paint on my to-do list, so I can say that I am finished upstairs for now. 
At first, as I was painting, I could see where I touched up the blemishes.  After turning on the ceiling fan and returning after just a few minutes, I couldn’t even see the multiple places where I'd touched up the paint.  It looked so much better!  No more white spaces screaming out at me from our latte walls!  The Holy Spirit spoke to me as I was painting this morning.  “This is what Jesus has done for you…washed away your blemishes (sin).  As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.  (Psalm 103:12)”  Thank you, Jesus!  “He has made you new in Him.  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:  The old has gone, the new is here!  (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29)
Unlike my cover-up painting this morning, Jesus doesn’t just “touch us up”.  My blemishes aren’t hidden under paint…Jesus has taken them away!  Praise the Lord!  Jesus not only forgives our sins, He removes them completely.
"But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.” (1 John 3:5)
Dear Friend, Do you know Jesus?  http://proverbs31.org/do-you-know-jesus/

“ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

2 comments:

  1. I Iove It WHen God UseS The Little Things To Teach Us Lessons.

    ReplyDelete